Friday 20 April 2012

roamer wanderer nomad vagabond.....

its a metal song cald 'wherever i may roam' by metallica. somehow i feel connected to this song. its been 10 yrs of my roaming at places...(i notice this habit of mine now, instead of giving single fullstop after each sentence, i tend to give a few dots....don't know why?)..
              i've been mostly away frm home since 2003,thats after my 10th.. n i was never aware of turns my life took over these yrs...it all happened by shear chance..i had scored good in 10th. had no idea which college to go for..then one of my frnds parents suggested my parents , i could get a seat in RSM,latur...that college was known as a 'factory' coz it gave abt 200 rankers each yr (big number for a single college)...sadly the guy whose parents helped my way here fell short of few marks..he must've thought abt that funny n bitter word.. "cut-off" (get d pun :) ..did u just rhyme it wid that popular slang "f-off", in ur mind lol..probably thats wat colege management means..
                      as a paying guest, i spent 2 yrs in this city..i had no partner..sometimes my mom wud stay wid me, few days every month..college was strict..i was a regular n sincere student..i simply did wat they told me to...gave my medical entrance exam..went bak home...was enjoying holidays..no expectations or anticipations in my mind..just a hope that i should do good, if not best....one evening, i was lying lazy in my bed, reading a weekly, already bored of vacations....got a call frm our colege... BOOM !! the news fell like the way hiroshima n nagasaki were bombed..i had cracked d exam...almost every1 who knew me was in shock..(can say that was d day i saw max no. of gaping mouths in my life hehe...) my feelings were like," something unusual has happened"..couldn't accurately fathom, wat it was though ?....next thing i knew, i was going to go to mumbai...now it was my turn to get shocked..i was apprehensive to come to this "big city"....
                          but d time went so swiftly..it doesn't feel any close to 8 long yrs of living in a hostel..n now i'm in thane,another place, i never thought i would be at......check d lyrics of this song below........
          (And the road becomes my bride)

And the road becomes my bride
I have stripped of all but pride
So in her I do confide
And she keeps me satisfied
Gives me all I need

And with dust in throat I crave
Only knowledge will I save
To the game you stay a slave

Roamer, wanderer
Nomad, vagabond
Call me what you will

But I'll take my time anywhere
Free to speak my mind anywhere
And I'll redefine anywhere

Anywhere I roam
Where I lay my head is home

(And the earth becomes my throne)

And the earth becomes my throne
I adapt to the unknown
Under wandering stars I've grown
By myself but not alone
I ask no one

And my ties are severed clean
Less I have the more I gain
Off the beaten path I reign

Roamer, wanderer
Nomad, vagabond
Call me what you will

But I'll take my time anywhere
I'm free to speak my mind anywhere
And I'll never mind anywhere

Anywhere I roam
Where I lay my head is home

But I'll take my time anywhere
I'm free to speak my mind
And I'll take my find anywhere

Anywhere I roam
Where I lay my head is home
I say!

But I'll take my time anywhere
I'm free to speak my mind anywhere
And I'll redefine anywhere

Anywhere I roam
Where I lay my head is home

Carved upon my stone
My body lie, but still I roam,
Yeah yeah!

Wherever I may roam


2 comments:

  1. @ sorry been a very bad reader, will be more regular going forward...listening to the song as I type this, agree it is super song, great music!!!

    I'm sure you will go places... Mumbai...Thane...the world is your playground...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh u dont have to be sorry buddy... actually im more than happy, for ur response...i should be d one thankful to u, u took out some time to read my scrap..(i only hope u dont get bored :D)..n ur reviews will be welcome..
      yes, metallica s one of my favs...well most of gals dont like loud..if u did..u must listen 'turn the page' ,'whiskey in the jarro', 'unforgiven 2 & 3'....metallica's voice reflects both the intensity of pain and d strength to bear it at d same time....if u want soft 'mama said' & 'nothing else matters' r d best...

      Delete